Lourimar

Don't ever lose the kid in you...let it make you smile in times you needed it most

Friday, December 31, 2010

Happy New Year!


It's now past 11pm, just a few more minutes and the old year will leave to give way to the new one. Here at the terrace, I can see the fireworks, hear the loud music, and see people walking even at this late hour. The signs of merry-making seem everywhere...and yet, I feel sad. 

Maybe it's the place, or maybe it's because it's the first time in years that we spent it alone, just the two of us...or maybe, we're getting older and the "silence" of the place heightens the feeling of "aloneness", or the usual things that  we used to have (the company, the foods, and the partying until dawn) are absent, and maybe I’m missing it? ...or maybe, because New Year is special and most people welcome it with noise and stay awake until midnight or till the wee hours of the morning, which this new place do not adhere too much.

Whatever, I don't want to be melancholic because I can still remember the old saying "never sigh nor feel sad or shed a tear in welcoming the New Year because you will be like that for a year", and who wants to be sad for that long? Huh! No one, of course, so I have to start channeling my mind to some positive thoughts and do some fruitful deeds (like writing something, just to shoo away the bad feelings...or look for something to eat and just have a yakult nearby in case of indigestion ) and greet the New Year with a smile, in my lips and in my heart.

Once again, I’m thanking the modern technology for inventing cell phones and internet which made possible the greetings and wishes of friends and loved ones to be sent and received regardless of distance and time difference.

Just a tick away and its midnight already…5…4…3…2…1…it’s New Year! 2011 is here and I’m still wide awake to welcome it. Horns are blowing…pots, cans, fireworks…everyone’s way of greeting the New Year. Happy New Year! I do hope, this year, it is really a happy new year.

After the noise subsided, and before I go to sleep, I will be on my knees to say my thanks and ask for forgiveness for whatever I have done wrong in the previous year…to wish for fruitful and blissful year, and to ask HIM to guide me, us, in this New Year of unseen journey. God Bless!

2 comments:

  1. HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY NEW YEAR! L-O-V-E the pic! ^_^ my love goes to you and your entire family. see you soon! mwah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for sharing your thoughts: